Learning to roller skate in my thirties

learning to roller skate

Like most other people in their thirties this year I’ve decided to learn to roller skate. I know I’m such a cliche picking up skates to try and carve out an identity but honestly who cares! I’ve had my skates two months now although I definitely haven’t been practising as much as I would like (or should) and I’m totally hooked.

In case you want the details on where I picked up my roller skates and safety gear I went with Momma Trucker Skates (you can see her online shop here). Mainly because she was the only one stocking the Rio Rollers I wanted. An added benefit being after finding her shop I realised she was a local business too. I picked up Moxi knee pads, wrist guards and elbow pads, no shame in safety!

So far I’ve learnt a few moves well and a lot not so well, but I’m getting there. I also joined a roller dance class last week so we are working on foot work. It’s so hard learning something new in my thirties but also pretty liberating. It feels great to have found an exercise that I enjoy.

Honestly learning to roller skate at this point of my life has really helped my mental heath too. Especially after the year we’ve had. It’s also quite humbling to suck so badly at something and know you are working towards being great at something.

At the moment my biggest ambition in this roller skate journey is to learn to spin. I feel like I’m almost there but get such fear when it comes down to it. I’m actually thinking of getting bum pads so I’m not so scared of falling on my coccyx (again).

Have you ever starting learning something new like this in your thirties? Do you roller skate? If you do share your IG account because following roller skating accounts is my new addiction.

The post Learning to roller skate in my thirties appeared first on Tigerlilly Quinn .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ecco Shoes UK Ltd – Shoe Shops in Street , Somerset

Esmond Murray Architects is a Architect located in Bath, Somerset